Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie configuration experiences...

Terry Barnaby wrote:
[snip]

Indeed... there is no need to enable port forwarding for the RTP ports for the ST585 router. Thanks!

This is nice, but also creates a strange feeling about this router.. is there anything else it forwards without letting me know?

I second that.

One thing you may find, if you are using a Thomson ST 585 V6 router as I am, is
that once you have disabled STUN then the ST 585 appears to automatically
open the RTP ports for you. ie you don't need to manually set the router
to port forward them, at least on my setup ...
It seems to also forward them to the correct host (I have a number of systems
behind the ST586).
See my message "No Echo Test response: STUN Problem with Thomson ST585"

Cheers

Terry