Re: [Ekiga-list] Upgrade for the Ubuntu snapshot packages

Hello,

Eugen and I have reworked the packaging. This explains why there was no
updates since a big week.

You might need to perform an explicit install to upgrade:

$ sudo aptitude install ekiga-snapshot

The recommended source for the packages is:
http://snapshots.ekiga.net/

Changelog include, notably:

* ekiga-snapshot-plugins-all-devices This meta-package will install
support for all know devices by Ekiga (Sound: ALSA and OSS. Video: V4L,
V4L2, Firewire AVC and DC support)

* ekiga-snapshot-plugins-non-free-codecs Non free audio and video codecs
for ekiga snapshot: iLBC audio codec, H.264, H.263-1998 and MP4V-ES
video codec. Check if you have the rights to use them.

* A better support for Ubuntu Gutsy on LPIA architecture (added H.264
Video codec support)

* ekiga-snapshot-ptrace and ekiga-snapshot-develop has been deprecated.

* ekiga-snapshot-gtkonly is an *experimental* version of Ekiga for a
non-GNOME environnement. Feedback is welcome but support might be
slow...

Best regards,
Yannick