Re: [Ekiga-list] Voice quality deteriorates after a few seconds

Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:
> Le mardi 12 août 2008 à 22:56 +0200, Nikolaus Rath a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a strange problem with ekiga. Whenever I initiate a call, I
>> have excellent voice quality for about 3 to 5 seconds. But afterwards,
>> the quality deteriorates significantly. My dialog partner experiences
>> the very same thing. The voices become much more muted and sound
>> artificial and "one dimensional" (sorry, I don't know how to describe
>> it better).
>>
>> Disabling Video support did not have any effect, neither did changes
>> of the video bandwith or the audio codec (SPEEX or GSM at 13.2 kbps).
>>
>> I'm using Ekiga 2.0.12.
>>

> Does it work better if you disable echo cancellation in the prefs ?

Yes, now it is *much* better. I even have *less* echo than before.
Seems that my system didn't quite like this feature.

Thanks a lot for your help! Now it works really great.

   -Nikolaus

--
 »It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
  By definition, there are already enough people to do that.«