[Ekiga-list] Voice quality deteriorates after a few seconds

Hello,

I have a strange problem with ekiga. Whenever I initiate a call, I
have excellent voice quality for about 3 to 5 seconds. But afterwards,
the quality deteriorates significantly. My dialog partner experiences
the very same thing. The voices become much more muted and sound
artificial and "one dimensional" (sorry, I don't know how to describe
it better).

Disabling Video support did not have any effect, neither did changes
of the video bandwith or the audio codec (SPEEX or GSM at 13.2 kbps).

I'm using Ekiga 2.0.12.

I'd be great if someone had an idea how to fix this.

Thanks in advance,

   -Nikolaus

--
 »It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
  By definition, there are already enough people to do that.«