[Ekiga-list] Can't call sip:500 ekiga net "proxy authentication required"

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to using SIP ...

I've setup an Asterisk server, with X-Lite 3.0 SIP softphones. I can successfully call any PSTN number using my Asterisk dialplans, I can call myself at sip:20 myasteriskserver co uk and I can even call some other companies e.g. sip:555 didww com

My X-lite 3.0 config is set with a "Domain Proxy" of "target domain"

However, whenever I try to make a test call e.g. to sip:500 ekiga net I get the error "Proxy Authentication Required"

I also get the same error when I try to call my sipgate account using sip:1234567 sipgate co uk, yet making a PSTN call to (area code)-123-4567 works (routing from PSTN to sipgate to my Asterisk server to my X-lite SIP phone).

Also, why don't I see anything happening on my Asterisk console, when I call sip:1234 domain com?

I've read some stuff about SER, is this what would handle SIP calls which appear to be bypassing my Asterisk server?

Many thanks,
Ken.