Re: [Ekiga-list] Can't call sip:500 ekiga net "proxy authentication required"

Hi Ken

2007/3/9, Ken Booth <sf net booths org uk>:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to using SIP ...

You have probably seen this before: "There are no dumb questions, only
dumb answers..." - but I couldn't restist it.

I've setup an Asterisk server, with X-Lite 3.0 SIP softphones. I can
successfully call any PSTN number using my Asterisk dialplans, I can
call myself at sip:20 myasteriskserver co uk and I can even call some
other companies e.g. sip:555 didww com

Can I assume that you use some kind of prefix for dialing these
numbers? X-Lite does not accept anything else that numeric input - at
least my X-Lite, which is V2.0 for Linux, doesn't?

If you like I could send you a screen dump of my X-Lite setup. I have
only set a few lines in the System Settings -> SIP Proxy -> [default]

Also, why don't I see anything happening on my Asterisk console, when I
call sip:1234 domain com?

Have you tried to increase the verbosity level in Asterisk? 'set
verbose 3' gives me a comfortable level of output from Asterisk.
Take a look at what I wrote on the wiki about using Asterisk
(http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_as_an_Asterisk_client)

Hope this can be of help.

Best regards,

Bent