[Ekiga-list] Ekiga/OpenMCU issues
- From: "Raj Mohan Kovilath" <rmohan43 gmail com>
- To: ekiga-list gnome org
- Subject: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga/OpenMCU issues
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:08:05 +0530
When testing Ekiga 2.0.0 with OpenMCU 2.2.1 for multi-point video conferencing I face the following problems:
(OpenMCU lets upto 4 conference participants to be viewed in the Ekiga window).
- The picture appears very choppy in the remote video when there is motion involved.
- If there are only less than 4 participants, in the conference, the viewing area of the non-existent participants display garbage like choppy images.
- Running Ekiga with -d4 option shows "jitter buffer exceeded" messages.
- Sometimes Ekiga hangs/crashes.
Maybe my Ekiga configuration settings are not correct or I require some patches to be applied to Ekiga. Or it might be that
OpenMCU has a problem.
Shown below are the environment and configuration details.
Any help to solve the problem are most welcome.
Thanks & regards,
- Ekiga 2.0.9
- OpenMCU V2.2.1
2.6.12 P4 SMP 686.
- The Ekiga 2.0.9 installation files were downloaded from www.ekiga.org.
- OpenMCU is built without H.263 support.
- Testing is being carried out in our local LAN using Logitech Quickcam EC(usb) and a JVC video camera (firewire).
- Max.jitter buffer size = 1024
- Enable H.245 tunnelling - NO
- Enable early H.245 - NO
- Enable fast start procedure - NO
- Send DTMP as 'string'.
- Audio codecs - default settings
- Enable echo cancellation - YES
- Max.video bandwidth - 50
- Frame rate - Slider is set more to the left of centre (a quantitative display would have been nice here).
- Video frame rate = 15 (1 <= vfs <= 31)
- Video quality = 4 (1 <= vq <= 10)
--- End of message ---
] [Thread Prev