Re: [Ekiga-list] a few issues

Hi,

Le jeudi 21 juin 2007 �9:10 +0200, Fabrizio Lippolis a �it :
> Hi list,
>
> I have upgrade Ekiga to 2.0.9 on my Debian box, now when I am calling
> regular phones via either voipstunt or voipcheap an exclamation mark is
> displayed inside a red bullet in the Ekiga icon in the Gnome systray.

I do not know what it is, there is no code in Ekiga to display
exclamation marks.

> Other than this, the call procedes smoothly. What does the exclamation
> mark mean?

I don't know. Probably you do not use the standard icon set.

> When I am in a call and I want to close it I push the button next to the
>   text field containing the SIP address. The call takes some time to
> terminate and in the meantime Ekiga looks frozen. It doesn't bother much
> but it would be nice to make it more responsive. This happened even
> before upgrading.
>
> Same thing when I quit Ekiga, waits a little, then quits.

There is a limitation in Ekiga 2.0.x : dealing with the calls history
takes much time because it stores 300 calls and GConf is not really
optimized for that.

I suggest you to empty each section of the history : Missed Calls,
Placed Calls, Received Calls, you have to hit 3 times the "Clear"
button.

It should work better after this.

> Anyway I am becoming a big fan of this software, and I want to
> congratulate with the developers for their effort.

Thanks :)
--
 _     Damien Sandras