Re: [Ekiga-list] Cannot Receive H.323 or SIP Calls

Rich Shepard wrote:
   Yesterday I installed Ekiga-2.0.9, and configured the audio for the
Logitech boom headset (the video's not yet working, but that's a different
issue).

   Today, after loading the webcam modules, I invoked ekiga and had two
informational message windows open. One tells me that I cannot receive H.323
calls and the other tells me that I cannot receive SIP calls. Neither
message appeared yesterday.

   There's nothing in the manual or the FAQ about this. I'd greatly
appreciate some suggestions from experienced users.

Do you have network on the box ? If so, does ekiga listen on the right interface? If so, does another program already own said interface (well, already listens on the ports ekiga would like to use, to be more precise)?

Snark on #ekiga