Re: [Ekiga-list] pb ekiga

I will follow yours advices� and let you know about the results,

many thanks for your help

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le samedi 02 juin 2007 �7:49 +0200, pierre dantzer a �it :

What a fast answer. I wish I could analyse the file so quickly.

You can see this :
-> REGISTER
<- 401
-> REGISTER (authenticated)
<- 401

The server sends a second 401 after the authenticated REGISTER. This can
only be possible for 2 reasons :
- a bug in ekiga
- a bug in the server
- something wrong with the login / password

If there was a bug in ekiga or in the server, I suspect you would not be
the only one to complain about it, so I really think there is a problem
with the login/pass.

But as Jure explained, it is possible that some router in between is
rewriting the SIP packets, leading to the failure.

Then I must understand :
I have tried Ekiga some time ago, with the former  version 2.0.3. (may
be with edgy). I decided to comeback with the new version. Does it
mean that the former configuration was kept in memory, in some place?

Yes.

In that case how to recover the former login/pass, how to remake an
initialisation?

I think you can do :
stop ekiga
ekiga-config-tool --clean