[Ekiga-list] Registration and set-up should be more intuitive...

While I agree, it's not that difficult to understand - a friend and I
both had exactly the same problems setting things up.

 After you go through the installation process, you kind of assume that
you are getting registered, unless you read the small print carefully.
It would be nice if it was really clear that you are giving the
information to connect to an existing account, and not registering a new
one. I know it's there, but it should be shorter and clearer. Most
people don't read those things, and very likely you won't either. You
assume certain things. When I get asked for my full name, then username
and password - I assume I'm getting registered. Because I have never
encountered a log-in so far that asked me for anything besides Username
and Password. I wouldn't even point that out if my friend didn't fall
for the same fallacy a day later. I would suggest a short line like "If
you do NOT have an Ekiga Account yet, click HERE to register" Above the
fields where you enter your user information.

 Secondly, I believe I had to go into the Account settings to adjust the
settings after registration. They weren't set correctly by the druid.
And If someone, like me, never used SIP VOIP services, you cannot
possibly know what a "Registrar" Is supposed to be. After you have
registered it should say clearly what goes where in the account
settings.

 I am usually not nearly as picky with any other program, but since the
purpose of this program is to communicate with people, I want to be able
to tell my friends to install and register, without having to provide
them with the necessary information about SIP services.

 Also, a test call should be implemented. I've read on a couple of sites
"I've tried the ekiga test call..." But I couldn't find the address.
Anyway, it should be in the contacts by default. It's rather tedious to
find out if the audio settings are correct by calling someone.

I know this is a lot of criticism for one post. Please don't take it the
wrong way. I'm very excited that there is a native VOIP client for
gnome, and I had less trouble with it so far then I did with Open Wengo.
But the points I've listed are really mundane, and would make a big
difference in my opinion.

thanks for your time,
Roman A.