Re: [Ekiga-list] Very choppy sound with sip:500 ekiga net

Are you using video when you make your calls? 50 KB/s upstream isn't
quite enough if you are using video and have the quality or frame rate
set very high.

I'm not sure if I asked you before, but you might try using GSM instead
of ilbc if your VOIP provider uses it. Also if your VOIP provider uses
SPEEX narrow, that will help a lot too.

I'm using cable (1 megabyte download, 356 kilobytes upload and on some
connections using video, it's still not enough if I'm also using one of
the audio codecs that are high bandwidth hogs plus high quality video.

Also, if you don't mind making your video smaller, that will cut down on
a lot of your band width uses.

Also, if your talking to friends that are using standard analog modems,
that can also create the problems you describe if they aren't using one
of the low bandwidth audio codecs (or are trying to use video too with
the video quality and frame rates set to high).

I hope this info will help you in resolving your problems with the
audio.

If there is anything else I run across that may help you, I will let you
know,

Good Luck,
George