Re: [Ekiga-list] Very choppy sound with sip:500 ekiga net

Hi,
 I wonder if you can make an audio only call to the sip:500 ekiga net
address.

find a second computer with a microphone attached, and record the sound
that comes out the speaker.

If we can see a regular pattern in the sound, or such, it will be possible
to work out the cause of your sound issues.

My suggestion is to put the sound you recorded into analysis software
(audacity is a great start) and look for periods in the sound.
  My guess: There is a regular 30ms pattern in the sound. 20ms on, and
             then 10ms off.

Weird things with alsa exist. - I have one particular alsa setup that
demands the audio supplied to it is in 20ms chunks, which conflicts with
those codecs that use 30ms chunks. It is a long story on that one, and
results in time modifying /etc/asound.conf

Derek