Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga win32 problems

Hi,

2007/1/5, Carles Pina i Estany <carles pina cat>:

Hi,

On Jan/05/2007, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Bernat Tallaferro a écrit :
> > error message and ekiga won't even start. The error message is the
> > following:
> >
> > AppName: ekiga.exe     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll
> > ModVer: 2.10.6.0     Offset: 002217a2
>
> Hmmm... perhaps you're using a gtk+ runtime different from the one used
> to compile ekiga?

I thought that might have been it. When the error first appeared I had installed 2.10 (which is the one for win XP on the downloads front page),  but after reading  http://snapshots.seconix.com/win32/INSTALL_Gtk.txt, it seems that the available version of ekiga has been compiled against gtk 2.8.9.

Then I uninstalled gtk 2.10 and installed 2.8.9.0, but I simply got a variation of the same error (where ModVer is 2.8.9.0 in the error message).

I'm really frustrated on this one. I was so happy when I saw there was a win32 port of ekiga...

2 days ago I tried to run Ekiga in Windows XP, Professional edition. It
failed in same way. Last August worked in other Windows XP, I used the
same method. I haven't had time to search deeply (is not my usual
machine). I downloaded everything fresh from Ekiga, Gtk, etc.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Anyone, if anyone has got any ideas or comments on this one, they will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks to the ekiga developers and keep up the good work.