Re: [Ekiga-list] Alsa-Bluetooth-Ekiga Howto?

Thanks for the help. I was finally able to get it working by deleting ALL the bluez and bluetooth stuff and reinstalling. I was able to get the devices to pair. However, the results were very poor. Apparently ALSA doesn't play well together with bt-sco anymore.

Every time I tried to use "Headset" for my mic and audio, the programs (Ekiga, Skype, XMMS, etc) would connect and I could hear about the first second then the programs would lock up. So I don't know if the mic was ever really working.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the dongle was stereo and my Motorola headset was mono. I might try again later if I can find a stereo headset.

Thanks again for all your help,
George

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 21:46 +0100, W.P. wrote:
As for me, I have a bit different settings:

>	auth enable;
>	encrypt enable;
>	#
>	security auto;

<cut>

>rfcomm0 {
>	# Automatically bind the device at startup
>	bind yes;

I have had to go thru pairing process. And after, when switching on the
HS, i might notice in syslog, that it initiates communication with PC.
What is strange, that's message saying about channel 2, and you
configured all for channel 1. Can you issue hctool cc to heasdet? (and
what happens then).
If problem persists, prepare to look at soft versions: bt-sco, kernel,
etc. We will compare (i had some trouble with latest bluez and had to
return to earlier version). At the moment I don't have my headset
anymore, but i may try to experiment on my Nokia cellphone.

W.P.