Re: [Ekiga-list] Alsa-Bluetooth-Ekiga Howto?

Użytkownik George Boyd napisał:

>I would like to be able to use a Bluetooth headset with ALSA so that I
>can use it with Ekiga. There doesn't seem to be very much information
>around on how to setup ALSA to use Bluetooth.
>
>I have a Jabra A 320 usb Bluetooth dongle and a Motorola HS850 headset.
>The system (Fedora Core 6) recognizes both of them fine. How do I get
>ALSA to work with them so I can use them with Ekiga?

Look for snd_bt_sco (don't remeber url, AFAIR ALSA-bluetooth name)
kernel module and associated tools.
In my experiments it worked fine: you have to insert the snd_bt_sco
module, start btsco daemon with headset address, and select "BT Headset"
card in Ekiga's configuration. Kmix also recognizes the module. For me
it worked with CSR dongle and Nokia headset. Don't forget to pair
headset with computer. Kernel was 2.6.13, now 2.6.16.36. At 2.6.13
hotplug subsystem was a bit different, and snd_bt_sco was simply set as
2-nd sound card and loaded automatically.

W.P.