I'll see if I can find an easy to implement workaround.
Would it not be better to open a bug on mantis (bugs.digium.com)?

Somebody can do it, yes.

Damien, hereunder the response from Ole ;-)

 oej - 10-29-06 10:35
Well, you should be ready to receive media as soon as you send the INVITE.
Let's try to find the various RFCs and throw them at each other... I am
sure

In reality, as soon as you make an offer, you need to be able to receive
audio on the ports you specify.

I don't see this as a bug. Check the implementations in various other
phones.
---------------
So here's my throw of RFC 3264, Section 5.1:

"Once the offerer has sent the offer, it MUST be prepared to receive media
for any recvonly streams described
by that offer. It MUST be prepared to send and receive media for any
sendrecv streams in the offer, and send
media for any sendonly streams in the offer (of course, it cannot actually
send until the peer provides an
answer with the needed address and port information). In the case of RTP,
even though it may receive media
before the answer arrives, it will not be able to send RTCP receiver
reports until the answer arrives."
Say hello to Damien from me, I hope that he can join us at AstriVideoCon
in Paris!

Good luck fixing this bug in Ekiga  :-)

 oej - 10-29-06 10:37
Not a bug in Asterisk, bug in Ekiga until proven otherwise  :-)

--
Daniel