Re: [Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga throw away the first 3 seconds of sound?

Le vendredi 20 octobre 2006 à 22:47 +0200, Bent Bagger a écrit :
> I have noticed that Ekiga is a slow starter and that the first 3
> seconds of a conversation are not reproduced by Ekiga.

[...]

I have done a debug log using ethereal, and I notice the following
behavior :

1) Ekiga sends the INVITE
2) Ekiga receives the 200 OK
3) Immediately after, Asterisk starts sending the media streams
4) Ekiga opens the audio channels and sends the ACK

The RFC tells that the media streams should not be sent before the ACK
is received. Asterisk doesn't follow this. So I conclude the bug is in
Asterisk not in Ekiga...

I'll see if I can find an easy to implement workaround.
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net