Re: [Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

On 10/12/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

Unfortunately there is not standard for SIP / RTP over HTTP.

 Damien , when you say there is no standard for SIP/http , I though it was possible to tunnel anything over http , like it's done sometimes for SSH  ? I don't know much about how this is done  anyway ....

That means
you will only be able to use Wengo for Wengo calls.

What do you mean by Wengo calls ?

I succefully called a sip adress with wengophone 2.0  over HTTP ,a anyway it seems that it does not work from the contact list even if you had a contact with a messaging SIP address ( like MSN or Jabber)

So I needed to use the address Box and and " Sip: "  in front of the address ...

The Multi protocol URL handling is better in Gizmo I guess ( But no http in Gizmo )

Sorry to be a bit Off-topic ...

Michel memeteau
sip:17476005010 proxy01 sipphone com
0491886375 0624808051