Re: [Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

On 10/9/06, Paulo J. Matos <pocm soton ac uk> wrote:

Is there any chance for me of using ekiga with webcams?

Regards,

Paulo Matos

I m affraid , that if you want to use SIP in such environnement , you need to go through the Http_proxy .

I see two solutions  :

Use openwengo  :the have an http proxy out of the box  , should work in linux  ...

Use a tunneling software such as http://www.realtunnel.com/index.jsp?page=Sip , works only on windows , don't know a provider with Linux  ...  , this solution could be used with ekiga or any softphone

Actually I don't even know if there is a  standard way to proxy http to SIP , if yes , I guess this could be a paying option to install on ekiga.net  ... ?

--
Michel memeteau