Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Using gstreamer for everything audio and video in ekiga

On 26/03/14 20:23, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 11/03/2014 16:44, Julien Puydt a écrit :
you'll find attached a tarball with a few things ; among those a README
explaining what the rest of the tarball is about.

There is a Makefile to build the sample code and to compile the design
graph into an image (using the graphviz package). The sample code uses
gstreamer (both base and bad packages -- because of the inter plugin).
Typing "make" should build everything cleanly.

The idea behind this code is to discover how to do some things with
gstreamer:
- start audio events ;
- change an input device while the pipeline runs (ie: during a call) ;
- record what happens -- starting while the pipeline runs, and stopping
while the pipeline runs (ie: record parts of a call).

The goal would be to use gstreamer for everything audio&video related in
ekiga.

Please have a look at the code and the design, ask questions, and let's
try to settle everything down with sample code before doing anything
within ekiga.

here is a new version of the sample code. This time, it comes with a
nice little gtk+ window which will allow controlling some aspects of the
test:
- start a "call" (once) ;
- start and stop recording said call (as many times as you want,
hopefully!) ;
- change the video input device (once) ;
- quit.

The next step is to replace the button to change the video input once to
something to choose the video device and change it as much as we please.

Please have a look at the code and the design, ask questions and test.

I will look into it as soon as I find time.