Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Challenges for generation of Ekiga 4.x

> It has not been tested with .12 versions, and there are API breakages, as you noticed.

But I find it strange that a member function like "PVideoDevice::GetParameters"
should not be accessible by the pointer "input_device" (class
"PVideoInputDevice") for example.
http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/tree/lib/engine/components/ptlib/videoinput-manager-ptlib.h?id=2b821878b45cf05b5352e19a287b66604c6f27e9#n81

I do not see problems by the view from the tool "KDevelop 4-4.4.1-73.1" while
the tool "g++ 4.7.1 20120723" complains about some source code places here.

I interpret the use of the prefix "opal/" in your include statements as another
update candidate.
http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/tree/lib/engine/components/opal/pcss-endpoint.h?id=881e03e4f0240584959d4176c517ddcecf03c1ed#n45

How do you think about to delete it there and let it be added to the include
parameters by your configuration script instead?
http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/tree/configure.ac?id=2a7d80a7581ef8016a570b3fe9f1a356c404f5ce

> Do you have a strong reason to use .12 versions?

I would like to try out some of the latest stable software libraries your
application depends on.

Regards,
Markus