Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Gstreamer] Sound output doesn't really work

Le 29/01/2012 01:28, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Does the above data look sane?

I made quite a few changes in the gstreamer code organisation today, but the features are the same (though I think it should use less cpu as I'm caching things I used to lookup often).

In particular, the gstreamer audio output now has two file devices ; one which gets in /tmp/event, and the other in /tmp/in_a_call.

It allows the following :
- set the audio event output device to the file /tmp/event device ;
- set the audio output device to the file /tmp/in_a_call device ;
- go in the sound event preferences and make ekiga play a sound, for example the ring ; - start a call with the echo test so you should have a nice voice recording into the file ; - stop the call after about 18s (that is about the time when the voice stops and you start to get the echo) ;
- quit ekiga.

Now in your /tmp, you have two audio files ; one recording a ring, the other a voice.

In a terminal, you can do the following :

gst-launch filesrc location=/tmp/event ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2,width=16,depth=16,signed=true,endianness=1234 ! audiorate ! volume name=ekiga_volume ! autoaudiosink

and you hear the ring.

And if you do :
gst-launch filesrc location=/tmp/in_a_call ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=8000,channels=1,width=16,depth=16,signed=true,endianness=1234 ! audiorate ! volume name=ekiga_volume ! autoaudiosink
then you don't get the voice.

But at least now you have a big file with the data and you can try to find out why that data which is supposed to be "audio/x-raw-int,rate=8000,channels=1,width=16,depth=16,signed=true,endianness=1234" doesn't play correctly!

Please help!