[Ekiga-devel-list] Fwd: FREE SOFTWARE PODCASTING IDEA: ALLOWING AUDACITY TO DIRECTLY RECORD EKIGA CALLS USING A PLUGIN

Craig,
If you have Paypal, I would like to get your Paypal email address please. I believe that this feature is important enough that I would love to be one of the first to make a small donation towards making this a project a reality. I have blind carbon copied some of my trusted friends in the GNU/Linux community so they know about your virtual sound card idea for Opal. I have spent tonight studying the underlying structure of Ekiga, so I have a much better understanding of how Ekiga works than i did 24 hours ago. I look forward to communicating with you more. Hopefully, this is the start of a long friendship. Cheers!
Sincerely,
Rex Djere

"This problem would be solved by an idea I've been thinking about for some time.

I'd like to create a virtual sound card that would be available as an audio output option for Opal.

You would configure Audacity to record from this virtual sound card, and then setup the call. The audio from the call
would arrive on the virtual sound card and would be recordable just like any other audio stream.

This should be very doable.

  Craig"