Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] FREE SOFTWARE PODCASTING IDEA: ALLOWING AUDACITY TO DIRECTLY RECORD EKIGA CALLS USING A PLUGIN

On 29/07/11 06:08, Rex Djere wrote:
Hello everyone!
My name is Rex Djere and I host a GNU/Linux oggcast. I have an idea that I
wanted to present to all of you for consideration, creating an Audacity
plugin that allows it to directly accept Ekiga telephony calls and record
them. This is how I propose that this feature could be used:

    - Imagine that Mr. Richard Stallman is a guest on my podcast.
    - I, the host, record my microphone directly in Audacity.
    - Mr. Stallman calls my pc from his pc using Ekiga.
    - Audacity answers the call, and I use a button in Audacity's menu to
    start recording the call.
    - An optional "record all streams" button could be added to Audacity to
    record everything (my mic, phone call etc.)

Now imagine this, Audacity being able to accept and record an unlimited
number of Ekiga streams using the plugin. This would be wonderful for a
podcast with multiple hosts and or guest. For the podcasting community, I
believe that this would be a godsend. Please feel free to send me any
comments or replies. Thank you.

Hi,

I do not know much how oggcasts work, so I might be wrong. Isn't the following solution envisageable? You speak to Mr. Stallman with ekiga, you record your conversation (using the not-yet possibility of ekiga to record streams), and afterwards you put the file in oggcast syndication.

So why do you need to create a plugin instead of fixing ekiga to accept conversation recording?

Regards,
--
Eugen Dedu