Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga address book searching by URI

Le 10/11/2010 19:24, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Julien, any idea?

Yes. At one point we discussed that with Damien.

The naive way to do that is to add a get_uri method here and there, so you just loop, ask for the uri, and when you find a matching one : ask the name! It's so naive it won't work : (1) why would every contact have a single uri? It could have zero, or much more. For a contact in your typical addressbook, you certainly have several mails, perhaps an MSN, a SIP and a skype... (2) why would you find a single name? I have sometimes two contacts which share the same phone number... because they happen to live together ; which one should be shown? So let's not search for a name but for a list of names : how do we choose?

I have ideas for a less naïve way which would get around (1) ; but have little clue how to decide on which name in (2).

Let's discuss!