Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Trunk sources

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:
> Le 01/06/2010 18:50, yannick a écrit :
>>
>> Le mardi 01 juin 2010 à 15:50 +0200, Julien Puydt a écrit :
>>>
>>> Well, it uses it through dbus, as far as I know -- so indeed it doesn't
>>> binary-depend on it, but should nicely use it when available.
>>
>> Then I probably mistaken this: did not Matthias used HAL for the hotplug
>> device system?
>
> Yes, HAL through DBUS. So it's using HAL, but since it does it through a
> proxy, we don't binary depend on it. At least that's how I understand it.

Also while we're on the topic of obsolete libraries what is the plan
for migrating from GConf to gsettings as that is also on the chopping
block for gnome 3? It might be a worthwhile time to review the
settings code as I think there's some custom gconf style code to deal
with windows as well, not sure if there's a windows backend for
gsettings at all, but if so it might be a nice way to unify that bit.

Peter