[Ekiga-devel-list] strange functioning jitter buffer

Hi all,
I'm run a set of measurements about playing delay of the jitter buffer in Opal, using a testbed. For taking out time values and seq number packets, I made light modifications in the file jitter.cxx (in particular in the function: PBoolean OpalJitterBuffer::ReadData(RTP_DataFrame & frame)) and rtp.cxx. These values were inserted in files .csv (sending.csv contains time and seq num of packets transmitted, playout.csv those ones of packets played)

Plotting these values extracted, I noticed an unusual behaviour of the playing delay: 1- presence of _discrete levels_ in both directions (caller-->callee, caller<--callee)
2- presence of a _drop_ only in uplink direction (caller-->callee)

Studying the debug file referring "no traffic" simulation, I observed a "periodic" resizing buffer.

- Could you help me to understand the adaptive algorithm used for resizing the buffer?

- Is it possible that there are two or more buffers implemented in Opal or that Ekiga has a particular equipment to equalize the playing delay?? Would you please give me any advice/help/useful link??

Best regards,
Alex