Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Analyzing Ekiga TCP/IP packets

Irving Ruan wrote:
> Hello ekiga devs,
>
> I am currently attempting to try and test video/audio throughput, delay,
> etc. with Ekiga softphone via a two person conference. Are there any
> programs out there that will allow me to analyze network traffic that's
> specific to Ekiga's utilization of resources? Or, is there a way to better
> "hook" the network packets while running Ekiga, say, from the command line
> via some tool?

Well, I do not think there is such a program, but you have two
possibilities:

- use wireshark and filter messages from and to your computer

- or use ekiga -d 4 2>blahblah, and afterwards you look into this
blahblah file, which contain SIP packets (not audio/video packets) and
other information.  If you use the program at
http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/plain/src/ekiga-debug-analyser, you
can remove the "other information" to see only SIP packets.