Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Build failure on lucid + experimental + sid

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 18:08 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> The safest solution is that I find out what -l flags exactly are needed
> for ekiga.  They should be used anyway, sooner or later.  Could you
> please make a patch?

Sure.  Where should I put those -l arguments?  debian/rules?

> > Also, I see that you are listed in the uploaders of the
> > debian/control.in file.  I'm making slight modifications to the debian/
> > directory as I try to get the gnome git version package to build.  Is
> > there a list I should send patches to for review?  I've attached the
> > diff in its current (unworking) state.
>
> Thanks for the help.

My pleasure ;)

> If you wish master/trunk, you could use the diff.gz from
> http://snapshots.ekiga.net/snapshots/debian/, which use exactly
> master/trunk for ptlib, opal and ekiga, and uses -snapshot package
> names.  Or you could use the snapshots, even if a bit old.  Please tell
> us if you wish to help and what.

Sounds good.  I tried to build those, but I think they're slightly out
of sync.  Pre-built .debs will be easier to manage ;)

> But master/trunk is not stable at the moment, so it is not a good idea
> to push it into debian (even experimental).

Understood.

> Finally, could you explain the changes in rules (I do not see any
> usefulness)?

I wanted to be able to configure the source tree so that I could
manually run make and get more verbose logs.  They're not terribly
useful if nobody will need to perform just the configure stage.

Cheers,

C.J.