Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] configure and build

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> And welcome to ekiga community!  Please do not hesitate to propose patches,
> we welcome them!
>
> jamesmikedupont googlemail com wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am new to the project, but it seems to be promising.
>>
>> 1. you say you are looking for a windows maintainer, years ago i was
>> working on cross compiling gnome stuff to windows from linux using
>> mingw and wine, any experience with this? It might make sense to do
>> that.
>
> The biggest problem with windows maintenance is not building it (while this
> is still a good thing to do; also, there is someone who already did/do it,
> as shown on this ML), but fixing the few bugs here and there, and I see you
> know programming very well.  If you have patches for windows version, this
> is really useful to all us!!  For example, the connection breaks/stops each
> 30 sec, there was a thread on this mailing list.  We can also make call
> tests, if you wish.
>
>> 2. the wiki page is not quite correct :
>>  I have an amendment to the svn build instructions : ./configure
>> --enable-sunaudio=no --enable-oss=yes  --enable-url --disable-sdl
>>
>> i needed to add :  --enable-url
>>
>> please create me an account h4ck3rm1k3 for the wiki.
>>
>> please update
>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compile_your_own_SVN_version_of_Ekiga_on_Ubuntu
>
> I see that you have already done all the modifications you want.
>
> What about the --enable-url for ptlib?  Isn't it needed?

Hi it does not seem to be needed.

I have made progress on the firewire stuff, but I am going to take the
time to be able to link in my plugins statically, it is driving me
crazy that I cannot debug properly and the dependancies are not
working.

Also the packaging is nonstandard autotools.

I am considering just making my own makefiles for a monolithic system.

mike