Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] The stun server is down.

yannick schrieb:

Hello,

Unfortunately the STUN server which helps to pass NATs is down at the
moment. Thus you probably get a message error from Ekiga asking you to
setup port forwarding. When the STUN server will be up again this error
will disappear. We hope to fix this situation soon.

Sorry for the disagreement.

Best regards,
Yannick

Hi :)

Well, haven't we agreed in 2006 here Re: SUMMARY STUN, Was: Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Again: STUN
on that people should use their SIP-Providers STUN-services?

But someone has patched the setting out of the GUI, so please respect the GCONF setting at least since not all providers have got a reliable DNS SRV services setup to retrieve the STUN server automatically from, especially not the cheapest:
host -t SRV _stun._udp.sip.intervoip.com
Host _stun._udp.sip.intervoip.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

tom