Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Windows 2000: error message freeaddrinfo

Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 22:29 +0200 schrieb Dominik:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Ekiga 3.2.5 in Windows 2000.
> But it stops immediately with the following error message:
> egika.exe - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
> Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "freeaddrinfo" wurde in der DLL "WS2_32.DLL"
> nicht gefunden.
>
> or in English:
> The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the
> dynamic link library WS2_32.DLL.
>
> According to
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms737931%28VS.85%29.aspx this
> function (freeaddrinfo) was added in Windows XP SP2.
>
> For Windows 2000 there are some workarounds necessary. (please see the
> msdn page)
>
> By the way, Ekiga 3.0.2 haven't had this problem.
>
> regards
> Dominik

Thanks, somehow your mail got swallowed by ekiga-devel-list. Yes that is
our WINVER 0x501 problem when compiling ptlib. I admit that I used a
patch which was too agressive to make ptlib compile with mingw. Since
yesterday this has been fixed in ptlib in, I hope, a Win2000 compatible
way, see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2822314&group_id=204472&atid=989748 .
In my next build I will use the more conservative approach.
Regards
Michael