Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Win32] Trouble with audio input peripherals

I suppose your sound card is not supported by alsa or by ptlib?? Could you send the -d 4 output? It should contain more information about the error.

Eugen

Thierry Simonnet wrote:
Hello,

I've done more tests using git-302 version :

I ve the following message when enabling audio input :
-------------------------
Error while opening audio output device SoundMax HD audio

Only silence will be transmitted.

The selected audio device was successfully opened but it is impossible to
read data from this device. In case it is a pluggable device it may be
sufficient to reconnect it. If not, or if it still is not accessible, please
check your audio setup.
---------------------------
It is easier to break and stop ekiga now. No need to hard stop but enable to have some debug info.

Best regards

Eugen Dedu wrote:
Thierry Simonnet wrote:
Hello,

it is now possible to have a version of Ekiga for windows.
I noticed with the last trunk version (this morning) I can't activate any iaudio input. I can call without trouble but only if audio input is on SILENT. I tested it with a camera with mic and with a camera without mic.
Ringing peripherals are OK.
Message indicates (for any configuration and for any audio codec) that ekiga is able to open peripheral but it is impossible to read it and then only silence will be transmitted. Unfortunately ekiga goes into an infinite loop.

I ask myself if it is not my fault, my last three commits on git... I'll check this evening.