Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 Opal datasize, please help

Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2009, 23:09 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Le mardi 14 juillet 2009 à 18:06 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> > Damien Sandras schrieb:
snip

> > > Can you try with the following patch ?
> > > The error will stay, but we will have more information and you won't
> > > have windows popping up again and again.
> > >
> > > You will also have an indication of what the problem can be.
> > >
> > > Robert thinks the problem could be in Ekiga, but due to the API change.
> > >

> > I applied the patch, the Windows went and Win32 Ekiga is better than it
> > ever was. The large audio delay (> 1.5 sec) is nearly gone, must have
> > been the changes to Opal. However, as you said, the error stayed -
> > somehow I like it, audio is next to perfect. In the logs we get now
> > lines saying
> > Media Patch:3096	GMAudioInputManager_ptlib	Encountered error while
> > trying to read data, read 160 instead of 320
> > The complete -d 4 log you find at
> > http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ekiga-stderr.txt.gz .
> > Attached backtrace shows what happens when calling 500 ekiga net and
> > where the request for 320 comes from.
> > Thanks for the help so far.
> > Michael
>
> The purpose of that fix (from Robert) was to improve the audio quality.
>
> Now, even if it works, we need to determine where those 320 and 160
> values come from and which one is correct (I suppose 160 is correct as
> it works).
> --
>  _     Damien Sandras
Yes,, I also think 160 is correct. From the -d 4 log:
Pool:2872	Media	Clamping audio stream frame size from 16 to minimum 160
Pool:2872	Media	Audio source data size set to 160 bytes and 20 buffers.
Pool:2872	Media	Set data size from 16 to 320
Pool:2872	AudioInputCore	Setting stream buffer size 20/160
Pool:2872	GMAudioInputManager_ptlib	Setting buffer size to 160/20
Pool:2872	WinSnd	Setting sounds buffers to 20 x 160
Pool:2872	PCSS	Adding filters to patch

This evening, I will look where this "Media Set data size from 16 to
320" comes from, I guess Opal. Ekiga does not set any data sizes, does
it?
Michael