Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] 3.2.5 release

Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 09:04 +0200, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
>> Damien Sandras wrote:

>>> That's what I thought. By default, only a few codecs are enabled.
>> The bug is strange, since
>> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/24407094/ekiga_3.2.0-0ubuntu1.diff.gz
>> does not show any change related to enabled codecs in ekiga...
>>

> I guess people enable everything.

I have done some limited search on the MTU topic and it seems the MTU
can vary along the patch. Beside large bandwidth can greatly benefit for
a larger MTU than 1500 and some people are pushing to have larger MTU in
this case. (I have a report with this case at hand here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+bug/380091 )I do not
know how the choice if 1500 is made inside OPAL; if it is hardcoded it
is probably a source of frame dropping in some case (and it happen
probably in silence). Around 1400 seems more safe but it seems to not
cover all cases.

AFAIK a proper fix for this situation is to use a discovery mechanism
for the MTU: fortunately this exist in RFC:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4821