Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Audio issues

Eugen Dedu wrote:
No, this is independent of NAT. And if it wouldn't be, this problem should be reproducable then..
What is the cause then ?
I would assume a NAT issue as well. There are routers which according to Ekiga's NAT detection change their role, my Fritz!Box e.g.. In the -d 4 logs look for the lines containing stun. When I am continously starting Ekiga and make calls Ekiga detects cone NAT. The first time or after some inactivity it reads port restricted NAT.
Well, the problem occurs in a company's network with direct internet access. I suppose this effect of changing NAT behavior you're talking about is related to low-end home routers. stun.ekiga.net tells me in ekiga's logs constantly that I am behind a "Symmetric Firewall". I really hate to say this, but I'm currently giving Linphone a try. So far there are no such audio problems.
You have not sent us any debug output so far for these audio problems.

As I already wrote in an earlier mail, I'll do so as soon as the problem occurs again. As I said, this issue is hardly reproducible so it's hard to get a log.

Chris