[Ekiga-devel-list] Uninitialized values in PSoundChannelALSA::Construct() in PTLib.

Hi,

I've been trying to analyse the difference in sound quality between PulseAudio and ALSA direct.
Analysing PSoundChannelALSA::Construct() I've noticed that when it is called in the constructors,
the member variables mBitsPerSample and mNumChannels are not yet initialized.

In the non-default constructor it is easy to fix it since those values are arguments of the
constructor, while in the default constructor I am not sure.

Those values are actually used in Open() and Setup() (which is then called again with good values).

I've replaced the uninitialized values with 0 and the PULSEAUDIO error message

*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream.
Cannot set parameters Input/output error

seems to disappear.

The quality is still poor though.

Andrea