Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Gstreamer in ekiga

>> I committed some gstreamer work yesterday. The short summary is that it
>> doesn't work, but is better at it.
>>
>> The longer version is :
>>
>> - for video input, it works pretty well -- the main problem is an
>> initialization bug in the video input code, which means that if you enable
>> video preview at startup, then you'll get an error opening your gstreamer
>> device (go in the preference, choose another device and come back) -- this
>> problem isn't in the gstreamer code ;
>>
>> - for audio input, things should more or less work -- I have doubts about
>> the quality, but more tests will be needed ;
>>
>> - for audio output : it crashes.
>>
>> You can test much more easily than before though : if you have a recent
>> enough gstreamer (0.10.21.2 if I remember well), then just add
>> --enable-gstreamer to your configure line and you'll be ready to go.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the latest gstreamer (from exp, 0.10.9.3-1), which, according to
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=488074, should have gstapp,
> still I receive an error during configure:
>
> checking for GSTREAMER... configure: error: Package requirements
> (gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 >= 0.10.21.3 gstreamer-interfaces-0.10) were
> not met:
> Requested 'gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 >= 0.10.21.3' but version of
> GStreamer Base Plugins Libraries is 0.10.20
>

> After removing the version test in configure.ac, I receive:
>
> ../../../../lib/engine/components/gstreamer//gst-videoinput.cpp:43:32:
> error: gst/app/gstappsink.h: No such file or directory
>
> If I understand correctly, debian does not still have the necessary version,
> is that right?

The current release of gstreamer-plugins-base doesn't have the
gstappsink plugins. I had the same problems with Fedora. If
gst-plugins-bad is in Debian you can compile it against that but
Fedora doesn't have gst-plugins-bad in it. I think it will be in the
next release which should be soon as there's been a beta or RC for it.

Peter