Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Gstreamer in ekiga

Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

I committed some gstreamer work yesterday. The short summary is that it doesn't work, but is better at it.

The longer version is :

- for video input, it works pretty well -- the main problem is an initialization bug in the video input code, which means that if you enable video preview at startup, then you'll get an error opening your gstreamer device (go in the preference, choose another device and come back) -- this problem isn't in the gstreamer code ;

- for audio input, things should more or less work -- I have doubts about the quality, but more tests will be needed ;

- for audio output : it crashes.

You can test much more easily than before though : if you have a recent enough gstreamer (0.10.21.2 if I remember well), then just add --enable-gstreamer to your configure line and you'll be ready to go.

Hi,

I have the latest gstreamer (from exp, 0.10.9.3-1), which, according to http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=488074, should have gstapp, still I receive an error during configure:

checking for GSTREAMER... configure: error: Package requirements (gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 >= 0.10.21.3 gstreamer-interfaces-0.10) were not met: Requested 'gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 >= 0.10.21.3' but version of GStreamer Base Plugins Libraries is 0.10.20

After removing the version test in configure.ac, I receive:

../../../../lib/engine/components/gstreamer//gst-videoinput.cpp:43:32: error: gst/app/gstappsink.h: No such file or directory

If I understand correctly, debian does not still have the necessary version, is that right?