Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Testing for 3.2.6

Hi Yannick,

> As the responsible guy packaging Ekiga *for the ekiga project* (i'm not
> an ubuntu packager) for Ubuntu, and as CELT is a moving target until it
> reach 1.0, my policy for the packages will probably be as follow:
>
> Take the version of libcelt in the latest released ubuntu, OR
> (exclusive) the actual dev tree of ubuntu and backport it to previous
> ubuntu release.
>
> For now the situation in ubuntu is as follow:
>    * intrepid (libs): The CELT codec runtime library [universe]
>      0.3.2-1: amd64 i386
>    * jaunty (libs): The CELT codec runtime library [universe]
>      0.5.1-0ubuntu1: amd64 i386
>    * karmic (libs): The CELT codec runtime library [universe]
>      0.6.1-1: amd64 i386
>
> And for now, I do not package CELT, neither the official ubuntu package.
>
> I've some work to do first on packaging the OPAL codecs (split them in
> several packages because of a nasty bug related to MTU size and UDP
> packets), then I will use the libcelt in karmic and backport it, thus
> you're lucky, I'll use libcelt version 0.6.1.

I'm the package maintainer for both celt and ekiga in Fedora. As the
celt bitstream isn't frozen yet and is still open for change I
initially enabled in Fedora and then dropped it until the bitstream is
stable. Because of that the only way celt is guaranteed to work if its
between the versions of ekiga linked against the same version of celt.

Peter