Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] video decoding debug

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 20:49, thomas
schorpp<thomas schorpp googlemail com> wrote:
> André Abrantes wrote:
>>
>> Hello there.
>>
>> I have been working with Ekiga for quite some time and now I am
>> testing how it handles video calls coming from different environments
>> via Asterisk. But let's not focus on that right now.
>>

>> Somehow, we are receiving media packages but, at the end of the call,
>> the decoder says it has not decoded any frame.
>
> NotOurBug, report to digium pls.

Sure! I was just wondering if there was any way to check a log/debug
of what happens between the RTP stack (who receives frames) and the
decoder (who doesn't).
Ekiga has been my favorite client for debugging SIP, calls but this
time I see no tracing of what is happening to theses frames...
Will I have to hack its code and see if a part of the code reports an
error? Maybe a malformed H.264 frame...

>> So, does anyone know a way for me to debug ekiga/opal/x264 to find why
>> H.264 frames are not getting decoded?
>
> Record the stream to file and feed mplayer/transcode/ffmpeg with it to
> check.

Nice, thanks. =D

--
[]'s