Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] pulseaudio support (was Re: What's missing for 3.2.1)

Eugen Dedu wrote:
Dave Allan wrote:
Peter Robinson wrote:

To add the 3.4 (or possible 3.2.x release would be the pulse audio
plugin. I've tried it as a patch to ptlib but it seems to lock up for
me but I haven't had the time to compile up ptlib/opal/ekiga trunk and
test with it. It would also be nice to have upnp (possibly with gupnp
now that there's confirmation it works on Windows.

Are you actively working on pulseaudio support? I've downloaded and built the ptlib/opal/ekiga trunks. There is a pulse plugin in ptlib, which works with its own test code but is broken when ekiga tries to use it. I've only just begun to look into what's wrong, not to mention that I can only work on it very intermittently. Is your patch on top of what's in the tree already (it sounds like it's separate)? We should coordinate our efforts.

I do not use pulse plugin. However, it is available in debian snapshots. Anyway, please inform ptlib/opal developers about it (for ex. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?words=tracker_browse&sort=open_date&sortdir=desc&offset=0&group_id=204472&atid=989748&assignee=&status=&category=&artgroup=&keyword=&submitter=&artifact_id=).

Ok, I filed bug 2783191 on the error dialogs, and included a oneline patch that makes the error dialogs go away as I think the error is spurious. Sound is still broken, however, and I'll file a separate bug about that when I have time.

Dave