Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ekiga.rc

Am Montag, den 20.04.2009, 21:38 +0100 schrieb Peter Robinson:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com> wrote:

As to git describe, man git-describe says: "Otherwise, it suffixes the
tag name with the number of additional commits on top of the tagged
object and the abbreviated object name of the most recent commit."
So there you have your counting of revisions.
When I do a git describe this morning it says:
EKIGA_3_2_0-83-g44151ba
So its the 83th commit to tag EKIGA_3_2_0. 44151ba are the first seven
digits of the 40 digit hash of Eugen's commit yesterday evening which I
need to identify the commit in "git log". I think that git describe
comes closest to the versioning we were used from SVN.
Regards
Michael