Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] New debian snapshots

Hi!

No flame, please, I'm looking for information.

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:38:37 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> New debian snapshots are available.  The name of packages has been
> changed.  Install the newest ekiga and dependencies with:
> apt-get install ekiga

What's the rationale for this change?  This doesn't allow anymore
installing *both* ekiga stable and -snapshot.

According to [1], I understand this as your first step into
co-maintainership of ekiga and its rdepends, with the result of new
ekiga packages in Debian experimental.

However, will snapshots.e.n stop providing snapshot packages after the
new ekiga will enter Debian?  I don't think this is the desired
solution, which means that the package should be (again) renamed to
-snapshot.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: