Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.0.1 available

Hi Peter,
actually the dependency to speexdsp was not added, but the detection
of a system speexdsp was fixed. We have two places where we use speex:

speex at the speex codec plugin
speexdsp for echo cancelling in opal

For speex in the plugin nothing has changed. For the echo cancelling,
since the detection was not working in 3.0.0, OPAL always fell back to
the internal speexdsp code, which is actually quite old and caused problems
on some systems (e.g. windows). You can force the old behaviour (using
the internal speexdsp) by

--enable-localspeexdsp

in the OPAL configure line.

Matthias