Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Trunk: OPAL Fax problem

Hi there!

On Wed, 07 May 2008 10:06:13 +0200, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Last night I have done a complete fresh checkout of PTLib / OPAL /
> Ekiga and built, pretty much using config options from:
[...]
> 3. The x264 lib is not yet available in Debian, while it seems to be
> in Ubuntu.

Debian has stronger criteria than Ubuntu WRT patent issues and x264 has
MPEG-4 patent issues, see Debian bug #423250 [1].

> But with that one missing, you will just get a binary without thazt
> one and everything else seems fine.

It's been quite a while since my last time I checked Ekiga trunk, but I
clearly remember that Kilian's debs dynamically linked x264 [2].  This
should the way to go IMHO.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: