Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Trunk: OPAL Fax problem

Le mercredi 07 mai 2008 à 10:06 +0200, Torsten Schlabach a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> I assume Ekiga does not support T.38 fax yet, does it?
>
> Last night I have done a complete fresh checkout of PTLib / OPAL / Ekiga and built, pretty much using config options from:
>
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compile_your_own_SVN_version_of_Ekiga_on_Ubuntu#Automated_installation_using_a_bash_script
>
> My findings:
>
> 1. You cannot build it on Debian Etch anymore as Etch comes with GTK+ 2.08 while 2.10 is required. (Debian Lenny has 2.12 right now.)
>
> 2. That annoying automake problem (automake-1.10 not recognized) is gone in Lenny!
>
> 3. The x264 lib is not yet available in Debian, while it seems to be in Ubuntu. But with that one missing, you will just get a binary without thazt one and everything else seems fine.
>

> The only problem remaining was that while OPAL compiled just fine, Ekiga could not be linked because there were a coule of undefined references in the OPAL lib (not in Ekiga itself) to code in t38.cxx.
>
> I re-compiled the OPAL lib with --disable-fax which solved the problem.
>
> Might this be a yet undetected bug in OPAL? Should I report it there? I wonder why this didn't come up for anyone else.

It was recently introduced and seems fixed now.

Maybe thanks to this:
[SVN OPAL-PTLib] r20207 - Fixed Linux compile with full fax code
enabled. - rjongbloed - 2008-05-06 18:45:49 -0700 (Tue, 06 May 2008) -
http://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/opalvoip/?rev=20207&view=rev