[Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 build and continuous integration

Hi all!

Just to make sure we will ever find this thread again in the archive.

Some of you may have noticed that I spent some time trying to get my hands around the Win32 build of Ekiga. You can find my notes in the Wiki. I am not sure if I am just too stupid, but this is a bit like an advent calendar: There's a surprise behind every door your open.

After having spent a couple of nights on the subject I was a bit suprised by some people on this list coming up like: You want me to fix this? No problem! Well, if it's that easy, please go ahead. All I would like to see is a concise guide like:

- Take a plain XYZ machine.
- Install a, b and c.
- Issues these commands.
- Enjoy.

It's a bit difficult to find the point to start, as there are three versions that one could try:

- 2.0.11 (there has been a Windows build for it once)
- 2.0.12 has different compile failures than 2.0.11 on an identical box
- trunk (is a moving target anyway, not just for the cross build)

So what would indeed make a difference would be - besides a repeatable process - to get back to automated daily snapshot builds, so that if anything either in Ekiga itself or in the outside world (dependencies) changes, we will notice right in time that the build is broken and act.

I think a working build (at least once; I am trying for days and nights without a single success with either version) would be a starting point,  but once we will have that, by whoever efforts, what would need to get done to get daily automated builds again?

Regards,
Torsten