Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Call history

Damien Sandras a écrit :
Le samedi 29 mars 2008 à 10:53 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :

5- the call duration is not accessible (it is not accessible with a
cellphone either, but I think it is a needed feature)
Indeed ; the question is : how to present it to the user.
A additional column in the GtkTreeView ?
Well, again : the book view only shows names, voip uris and a list of phone numbers, of which only the first is really interesting for the user.

The current contacts in svn have two interesting features for the user : the name and the groups. Perhaps it would be good to add something more (I don't know how to call it), so we can show more than the name in the view.

Either that, or write a more complete view specific for the history books?

Perhaps yes. The window is named "Find contacts", it is supposed to find
contacts using various possible sources. It should not give many details
(even though it should be more complete than what it is currently).

I propose to implement a specific view more suited for a call history,
and placed in the main_notebook.

Fine for me!

6- when doing a refresh, the refresh never ends, you have to kill ekiga
A refresh!? What are you talking about?
The refresh button...
Which refresh button? I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about : call history has no such thing.

I see a big "Rechercher" button, next to "Search filter:" in the view.

Do you want a screenshot or do you see what I mean ?

Well, I guess sending me to find a "search"/"rechercher" button instead of "refresh" would have helped :-/

Looking at the code, I don't see why searching would do anything for the call history : the methods just have dummy implementations! :-(